MiraVia is Hiring a Part Time Residential Supervisor
This position is responsible for supervising client services and activities at MiraVia’s maternity residence during various shifts ranging from 12 to 48 hours. This position may be the only on-site employee during the shift and has full responsibility for the safety and security of the MiraVia clients at the residential facility. In addition, this position performs various program responsibilities including client support, managing meals, directing visitors and volunteers as well as other program and household related duties. This position is provided private quarters during sleeping hours.
Minimum of a Bachelor Degree in a Human/Social Services or related field preferred or equivalent combined experience with High School Degree.
Candidate must have sufficient knowledge on pregnancy, infant care and parenting related topics. Must have or obtain sufficient knowledge of Catholic teachings on life and family related issues.
Please submit resumes to Debbie Capen: email@example.com.
MIRAVIA JOB DESCRIPTION OUTLINE
JOB TITLE: PART TIME RESIDENTIAL
REPORTS TO: PROGRAM MANAGER
The Part Time Residential Supervisor is responsible for managing and supervising client services and activities during various shifts depending on the needs of the program. This position is responsible for the safety and security of the MiraVia clients at the residential facilities of MiraVia, Inc. In addition, this position performs various program responsibilities including directing visitors and managing volunteers, managing the receipt of donations, and answering phones and delivering subsequent messages.
- Manage and direct the operation of the residential program, enforcing client compliance with the MiraVia Program Policies in a concerned and responsible manner.
- Identify and monitor client needs in the areas of mental and emotional health, independent living skills, and parenting skills; document and refer significant identified needs in these areas to Case Manager.
- Monitor client mothers on their progress toward achievement of proper and healthy parenting skills.
- Provide child development, child safety, and child nutrition and feeding guidance for client mothers with born infants and children.
- Using the Logbook, document details of relevant conversations, incidents, and observations \regarding each client during assigned shift.
- Supervise and monitor client health and safety and contact emergency medical personnel in emergency situations.
- May provide limited transportation of clients for pre-approved trips in agency van including transportation to worship services.
- May facilitate life skills classes as needed.
- May provide limited childcare during pre-approved events.
- Supervise and monitor client safety and security.
- Supervise client activities including completion of chores, household duties, curfews, and devotional times.
- Answer phones, door, and direct volunteers and visitors in a welcoming and courteous manner, and receive donations. Record and deliver subsequent messages on a timely basis.
- At the direction of management, chaperon group-sponsored trips and social functions.
- Direct set up and clean-up of meals.
- Actively contribute to the PQI and Risk Management teams according to MiraVia’s PQI plan. This includes but is not limited to; engaging people throughout the organization, systematically collecting and analyzing relevant data and communicating results and recommendations.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of a Bachelor Degree in a Human/Social Services or related field.
Must have or obtain sufficient knowledge on pregnancy, infant care and parenting related topics. Must have or obtain sufficient knowledge of Catholic teachings on life and family related issues including Theology of the Body, and human dignity. Must support the mission and core values of MiraVia.
Strong interpersonal skills with a cooperative and team player attitude. Must be flexible, proactive, and able to adapt to changing circumstances. In addition, must be willing to take on additional responsibilities in order to maintain quality services to clients. Safe driving record required at all times.
No supervisory of staff responsibilities.
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED:
Household appliances, company vehicle, computers and office equipment.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Must be able to drive a car.
Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS:
Must be able to deal with emotionally vulnerable client mothers.
Must be able to work in a home-like environment; job requires occasional driving of vehicles owned by the Organization.